Hi Everyone! This week I’m back with another Christmas card, I haven’t created a card yet purely with a winter scene or focusing around Christmas trees so I decided to experiment with creating a winter scene using distress inks for a watercolour effect.
I wanted to achieve a soft scene with winter sunset colours. To achieve this look I used Distress inks and water to paint the card. The Distress inks I used are Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Stormy Skies, Victorian Velvet, Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch.
To see how I put together this card you can watch my video below;
I’m really happy with how this came out and I’ll definitely be doing some similar cards and experiment with different colour combinations for the sky.
Supplies used for this card;
- Daler & Rowney The Langton 140lb/300gsm hot pressed watercolour paper
- Versa Mark Embossing Ink
- Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
- Anti static bag
- Simon Says Stamp Colour me trees stamp set
- Mama Elephant Jingle Greetings stamp set
- Small watercolour paint brush
- jar of water
- Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
- Ranger Distress Inks – Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Stormy Skies, Victorian Velvet, Shaded Lilac & Blueprint Sketch
- Stotch 3mm Foam Tape
- A6 White notecard (140lb/300gsm)
Please let me know what you think and give me a like if you enjoyed the video/blog 🙂