It’s nearly November which means it’s time to get cracking on the Christmas cards and gift tags ready to stock my Etsy store and send out to friends and family. My first Christmas card of the season I decided to do something a little different and create a card using multiple stamp sets and include a bit of freehand drawing.
I recently purchasing My Favorite Things Stamp Set, Hog Heaven and I really wanted to do the little peering piggy in a gift box/present. I didn’t have a present stamp big enough to fit him in so decided to draw this section myself, I’m happy with how this one came out but I have an idea for how I can improve it next time! I also used Poppy Stamps, Christmas delights stamp set for the Santa hat and other presents used on the card.
If you want to see how I put together this card please check out my video;
I love being able to adapt other stamp sets for a range of cards and I’m sure I’ll be doing more experiments before the season is over!
Full list of supplies used for this card is as follows with links to where you can purchase if interested;
- Canson Watercolour Paper (300gsm cut to A6 size)
- White A6 300gsm cardbase
- My Favorite Things – Hog Heaven Stamp Set
- Poppy Stamps – Christmas Delights Stamp Set
- Lawn Fawn – Merry Messages Stamp Set
- Archival Jet Black Ink
- Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers;
- Blue Grey
- Pale Pink
- Deep Blue
- Gray Brown
- Bright Yellow
- Carmine Red
- Dark Brown
- Light Carmine
- Pental Waterbrush
- HB Pencil
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen – White
- VersaMark embossing ink
- Ranger Red Geranium embossing powder
- Heat Tool
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Scotch 3mm Adhesive foam tape
- Neat and Tangled Sequins – Christmas Mix
I’ll be back soon with lots more Christmas ideas and videos! Please like, comment and subscribe, thanks for your support!